We have received reports of poor performance on some (but not all) older devices with CPU speeds below 600Mhz (for example, HTC Wildfire and Tattoo). We have also heard about performance problems on some (but not all) Galaxy S devices. The Galaxy S issue is due to a known problem with the file system (see this link for a possible fix).
Here are some suggestions you can try for speeding up Ultimate To-Do List:
- Reboot your phone.
- In UTL’s settings area, reduce the number of days that the app stores completed tasks. This will lower the database size and possibly speed up task creation and editing. Try a low setting such as 7 days. Allow up to a day for this change to take effect, since the app removes old completed tasks once per day. (They are not removed from Toodledo or Google, however).
- Also in the settings area, try choosing the option to disable task counting. This will reduce the amount of database access performed by the app and may also help.
- Reduce or remove any UTL widgets on your home screen.
- Disable the instant upload feature (Menu → Settings → Sync Options).
- Do not use tags in your tasks.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app. But make sure all of your tasks are uploaded to Toodledo or Google first.