Skip to content

New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports

Use this forum to request and vote for new features or bug fixes. For the best results, make sure to check if your feature/bug fix has already been requested before posting a new one. As you type your suggestion here, you will see suggestions which may match yours.

Here is what the statuses mean:

• Under Review: This has been accepted. The release date is unknown.
  • Planned: This has been planned for an upcoming release – either the next release or very soon after.
  • Started: This is being actively worked on by our staff and will appear in the next major release.
  • Completed: The item has been fully implemented and appears in the latest release.
  • Declined: The item was not accepted. Check the comments area for the reason.

256 results found

1. ifttt

Could we get integration with IFTTT?
    http://ifttt.com
    This would expose Ultimate To-Do List to a broader audience and would expand your already wonderful feature set.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add option for new tasks in manual sort to be added to top instead of bottom of list

I imagine any time you are adding a new task it is higher priority than the last one on your list, currently you have to immediately move the new one up from the bottom, I request there is an option to add all new tasks to the top instead of the bottom.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow a different reminder sound for each task.

It would be good to have an option to use a specific reminder sound for each task. That way, we can use more alarming sounds for critical items, and we have an idea what the task is without looking at the phone. Thanks.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Coloured background

Ok, the app is brilliantly flexible and I love it, but can we get colored background choice to make it more enjoyable to use than what looks like an unfinished template. It's well worth spicing it up to look as excellent as it works. Not everything is black and white in this world and this is so good, let it shine. Can't be that hard and it will stand out more as a polished app in the store.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create additional Display Options on the Widget (match the App's View Display Options)

The Apps View has the ability to use the left & right areas under the task title to display additional task attributes. The Widget only permits 1 attribute on the left side under the task title. Could the Widget Display Options / view be changed to allow an additional display attribute on the right side?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add an option for task dividers that are in color and for every day there is a task.

Presently there are dividers for large windows of time like past month or past week. When I have a lot of tasks I would like to see dividers in color for each day there are tasks for example "Monday Jan 25, 2016". That way I can show a lot of completed and non-completed tasks and still focus on today's or tomorrow's or next friday's tasks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. create a Field for People Connection

I want to link a name to a task - but that name is not in my contacts. Why can't I just type in a name, any name, and have it linked to a specific task?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Position of Delete text button (cross icon) on task subject (on Edit task pages) is annoying

There is a button (cross icon) on the Edit task pages just beside the textbox for the task subject.
    It it used to delete the whole text from that text box.

While useful it should me moved to another location since many times I end up clicking on it by accident when I am just trying to place the cursor on the text of that region.

Hope I was clear enough on what the issue is :-)
    I would move it somewhere else, such as just before the textbox or outside the textbox.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a feature to push back the due date for a particular instance of a repeating task without changing the set due date for future instances

Sometimes I don't get a repeating task done by the due date so if it happens with a few tasks they tend to clog up my overdue for a while. But I don't want to advance the due date as it seems that will change the due date for all future instances. I would like to be able to postpone the due date without affecting the repeating task.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change notification icon

The notification icon (clock) is easily confused with Android alarm icon. I understand you are following google guidelines but at least use the same icon that appears on the android drop-down notification drawer.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. On-the-fly Filtering of Tasks (Multi-select in navigation pane)

It's not currently possible to multi-select in the navigation tree for some reason.

This is the first thing the user will try - before realizing its not possible and they have to start to create tons of views (even for the simplest filtration..).

This is a MANDATORY feature of any task software. Think about it :)

Let's say I would like to display all my tasks with the context of @errands - but only those who belongs to my "Private" project... what do I do? Yes. I try to select first @errands, then I try long-pressing it, hoping to get…

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow users to embed & launch the application necessary to complete the to-do from the to-do. Like camera or Twitter or SHealth.

When creating to-do, I would like to be able to launch other apps directly from to-do list similar to how I can go to a contact now directly from a to do now. Say the task is to check my heart rate. I could get an alert and instead of fumbling through my home screen and app drawer looking for the heart rate monitoring app, I could have associated the app with the to-do when I created the to-do and go to the app directly from the reminder with one click. Voice recognition often does not include the app I…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show total time for tasks with sub-tasks

Tasks with sub-tasks should show the sum of their sub-tasks' expected and actual time spent. This would make the software usable for project planning and tracking. It is also what most users would expect, I guess. (see also the related request "Length - show total (sum) for a view or a folder")

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Pebble Integration

I would love an integration with pebble. This is how I would hope to use it.

1) Show list of actions based on a saved search / filter - Most Important
    2) Add a task via voice
    3) Mark actions as completed from list above
    4) Pin tasks to pebble timeline based on start date and time

I mentioned saved search in particular because I use one particular saved search repeatedly as my 'tickler' file in GTD. If I can't view a saved search list but another list it would be OKAY for me, but I might not use the…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create a native windows 8/10 app

UTL is by far the best task manager I've used on any platform. I don't know how difficult it would be to 'port' it to Windows, but it would open a whole new user base to it, and would allow those of us who use Android and Windows to work on both small and large screen devices. I'd happily pay again to get it on my laptop, especially as the Toodledo website is clunky to use and has limited offline support.

With Windows 10 being a free upgrade, now would be a great time to be first to market on…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to bottom justify navigation pane

When operating your phone with one hand, the fact that the navigation pane is top justified means that you need to stretch your thumb quite a bit to reach some of the options. It would be helpful to have the option to bottom justify the contents so that the menus are easier to reach.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sort tasks with a time before tasks with no time (ie NULL)

For me if the task has a time (a Due time) then it is more important than those without
    If I sort by Due Date it puts those with no date first

This is weird for me :)

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. better use of screen space in edit view

I frequently change the setting for opening the editor vs viewer when tapping on a task, because neither is really ideal and I can't quite decide which is the least worst option! What I really want to be able to do is to go straight to editing mode, but to be able to see all or most of the fields on my screen at a glance without scrolling. At the moment the editor makes very poor use of screen space; on my large screen I could easily fit the whole task with plenty of space for tapping accurately on fields.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability: Create Subtasks from a Widget

Widgets enhance workflow by being handy, intuitive and efficient. Switching focus to the main app turns productive "quick thought" task creation into distracting flow interruption. Subtasks are a great tool, but right now their creation (or designation) is tedious because the process is inconvenient. Please have "Make this a Subtask" appear in the options list when a new task is created via the widget " + " symbol, and when an existing task is edited by tapping it in a widget. This is not really a new feature, it is just a way of providing sensibly efficient access to an…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to set up default filter / sort order for folder

I use folders to organize my tasks to projects. When I show tasks in a folder, I want to see completed tasks as well. But folder filter hides them, so I have to set it manually for every new folder. It would be great to be able to set something like "default folder filter". And there could be similar option for sort order there.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports