Skip to content

New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports

Use this forum to request and vote for new features or bug fixes. For the best results, make sure to check if your feature/bug fix has already been requested before posting a new one. As you type your suggestion here, you will see suggestions which may match yours.

Here is what the statuses mean:

• Under Review: This has been accepted. The release date is unknown.
  • Planned: This has been planned for an upcoming release – either the next release or very soon after.
  • Started: This is being actively worked on by our staff and will appear in the next major release.
  • Completed: The item has been fully implemented and appears in the latest release.
  • Declined: The item was not accepted. Check the comments area for the reason.

256 results found

1. Change notification icon

The notification icon (clock) is easily confused with Android alarm icon. I understand you are following google guidelines but at least use the same icon that appears on the android drop-down notification drawer.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a feature to push back the due date for a particular instance of a repeating task without changing the set due date for future instances

Sometimes I don't get a repeating task done by the due date so if it happens with a few tasks they tend to clog up my overdue for a while. But I don't want to advance the due date as it seems that will change the due date for all future instances. I would like to be able to postpone the due date without affecting the repeating task.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add an option for task dividers that are in color and for every day there is a task.

Presently there are dividers for large windows of time like past month or past week. When I have a lot of tasks I would like to see dividers in color for each day there are tasks for example "Monday Jan 25, 2016". That way I can show a lot of completed and non-completed tasks and still focus on today's or tomorrow's or next friday's tasks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Coloured background

Ok, the app is brilliantly flexible and I love it, but can we get colored background choice to make it more enjoyable to use than what looks like an unfinished template. It's well worth spicing it up to look as excellent as it works. Not everything is black and white in this world and this is so good, let it shine. Can't be that hard and it will stand out more as a polished app in the store.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ifttt

Could we get integration with IFTTT?
    http://ifttt.com
    This would expose Ultimate To-Do List to a broader audience and would expand your already wonderful feature set.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make "optionally due" available as the default when I create a new repeating reminder.

At least half of my repeating reminders are "optionally due". It would be handy if this were more easily available instead of being hidden under the "advanced options". Ideally I would like to be able to set it as the default option for repeating tasks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a way to prevent the tasker plugin from displaying an empty list

In Tasker, I have a few location based events that pop up an UTD list when I arrive. I don't need them to pop up when they are empty. It would be very helpful to have a way (perhaps via a variable) to prevent the plugin from displaying an empty list

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Create a new task via voice with one tap (in german language)

So far the Voice Commands are just in English. Having all Voice Commands in german language might be a long run aim.

A very helpful first step would be to having the Option (as an android activity?) to enter a new task just by one tap and talking (in german).

This would be extremely helpful!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. zoom

unless all that task and subtasks have something in common like a tag,context/folder there is no way to look at a task and its subtasks without looking at an unfiltered list which is too burdonsome to be useful.

So would like to be able to "zoom" that is "focus" on one task with all its subtasks. If you have a long list, often subtasks are hidden by filters. so would be great if i could zoom on one task and see it and all subtasks and thus work on just that one project.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add SEARCH to Voice Mode

It would be great if one could Search via Voice Mode Dictation. Also, if Search hits were numbered, then one might dictate " change due date of #1 to next Monday" or "Mark #2 complete."

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Display sub task icon on Parent task even when all sub tasks are completed

At the moment Parent tasks with active sub tasks will display an icon to show there are sub tasks present, even if the sub tasks are not visible.
    When all the sub tasks are completed the sub task icon disapears.
    I would like to see the sub task icon, even when all the sub tasks are completed, so I can identify the Parent task as a Parent. Maybe the icon could be in a different colour (as for the existing Parent and Sub Task icons). Also this could be made a configurable option for those who prefer the existing arrangement.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make the Ultimate To-Do List a Progressive Web App

Progressive web apps are coming to Windows and Android devices. Apple may slowly follow along (or lose big?). PWA's hold the promise of write-once/run everywhere. I now have my outlook.com e-mail apparently running as a PWA in Chromium-based Edge. At about 38 minutes in the 11/27/19 Windows Weekly podcast, the significance of PWA's to Android and Windows development is discussed. Android PWA's should be able to run directly on a Windows 10 computer, etc.

https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly/episodes/649 (audio only available from dropdown beneath video player)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Set location using What3Words

Can you add the option to set a location using a What3Words reference?

This would make location reminders a lot easier to set.

Thanks

Phil

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Paid Add-On with the function: display all tags + interactive search

Location: All Tasks_Tags + wherever Tags appear to be selected (example: inside the task, the "Tags:" button located between "Goal:" and "Accounts:", etc)

• initial to display 30 / 20 / 10 most recently used tags
    • in bottom or top of the list to be a "+ / - sign" in order to expand / collapase the whole list of tags
    • in top of the list to be a "search sign + box" where to enter the tag name or partial tag name as to search (interactive mode) and to display the resulting tags that match the input text, in order…
    3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add the ability to change the automatic daily Backup file location to be in the Cloud

Add the ability to change the automatic daily Backup file location to be in the Cloud, ie GDrive, Dropbox etc.
    Also add the ability to retain a selected number of previous backup files rather than just one.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Replace the check-mark icon with a floppy-disk save icon at the top of the edit-task screen.

The check-mark icon is confusing in this context. When I see a check mark, I think "task completed," not "save changes." For example, the save-changes icon is right above the complete-task icon, and both involve check marks.

I've used Ultimate To-Do List daily for around 6 years, and my brain still stutters for a second before I save changes, because I have to press a check mark.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Tablet Version runs GREAT under BlueStacks on a Windows 7 PC, Syncs GREAT

Just wanted to let folks know that the tablet version of UTL is awesome running under BlueStacks on a Windows 7 PC. Takes a bit of computing horsepower and RAM to do so (my PC is 2.4 Ghz Intel P8600, 4 Gb RAM). UTL under BS syncs perfectly through Toodledo with my phone app. BS gets a "phone" identity through an XDA hack for the Google Play Market and you can't download the tablet app to your "phone" (get "incompatible" warning). But the Amazon AppStore app that comes pre-installed with BS doesn't care and lets you download and install the…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the ability to check the current view against all tasks

Building a new filter is sometimes an iterative process, particularly if it contains optional dates or other complexities. After such a filter (view) is built, some tasks that you would expect to see in the view don't appear because of the way in which the task was entered. A useful feature would be a screen that shows, for each filter (view), all of the items on the 'all tasks' list that are, and are not, included.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Update Android app with new Jellybean/Holo look as per Google guidelines.

Currently, the 1.82 version on Android looks like it was designed for Jellybean... the app needs to be modernized to look like it was designed for Jellybean 4.2 with expandable notifications and more!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports