Skip to content

New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports

Use this forum to request and vote for new features or bug fixes. For the best results, make sure to check if your feature/bug fix has already been requested before posting a new one. As you type your suggestion here, you will see suggestions which may match yours.

Here is what the statuses mean:

• Under Review: This has been accepted. The release date is unknown.
  • Planned: This has been planned for an upcoming release – either the next release or very soon after.
  • Started: This is being actively worked on by our staff and will appear in the next major release.
  • Completed: The item has been fully implemented and appears in the latest release.
  • Declined: The item was not accepted. Check the comments area for the reason.

256 results found

1. Sync due time with Google tasks

Currently Ultimate Todo only syncs the due date with Google Tasks. But a time value can also be added to a Google task. Please add this to Sync as the due time.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Provide Goal Description/Note in Edit Goals

Under Organize Goals - toodledo has Goal description/note field a text area to add details about goals. But same is not available under Ultimate To-Do List - Edit Goals. Kindly provide this feature at earliest.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make snoozed status visible

It would be a nice feature to see with a small icon (just like the small icons for reminder, repeat etc.) if a specific task is snoozed. In addition it would be really nice being able to use the snoozed status in composing a view.
    In the current situation it is not really clear if you still get a reminder for an overdue task (because it's snoozed) or not.

Kind regards,
    Jack.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make the Ultimate To-Do List a Progressive Web App

Progressive web apps are coming to Windows and Android devices. Apple may slowly follow along (or lose big?). PWA's hold the promise of write-once/run everywhere. I now have my outlook.com e-mail apparently running as a PWA in Chromium-based Edge. At about 38 minutes in the 11/27/19 Windows Weekly podcast, the significance of PWA's to Android and Windows development is discussed. Android PWA's should be able to run directly on a Windows 10 computer, etc.

https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly/episodes/649 (audio only available from dropdown beneath video player)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to Search Tasks and Notes at the Same Time in Quick Search

Currently, when tapping on the search button to perform a quick search, either tasks or notes may be searched. This feature request is to allow both tasks and notes to be searched on at the same time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make Manual Sort button a toggling button with an indicator.

I use manual sorting a lot.
    While in a task list in Manual Sorting mode, I often find myself, intuitively, hitting the Manual Sort button again, with the expectation that it will result in toggling back to Normal mode.
    However, it does nothing.
    The only way to exit manual sort mode, is to hit the arrow in the top left of the screen.
    My request would be to make the manual sort button toggling manual sort mode on and off, preferably with an indicater (a highlight for instance) whether it's on or not (although the text "Drag the tasks to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sync x minutes after last edit

Hi!
    I would like Ultimate Todo List to have the following feature:
    The App should make a full sync x minutes the last edit i made on a task (adding, editing, deleting a task). x could be 3 minutes or so.

With this feature the todo list would be always up to date without syncing every change by its own.

This would rather save data and battery, because the app will only sync, when i do something (or it will sync at the interval i choosed).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Display tasks which were completed within the X last days only

It would be good for the mind and for the morale, for a given view or filter, to keep track of the completed tasks

But this should not be leading to cluttered lists.

One possibility would be to display, in addition to the "active" tasks, only those completed tasks (with a nice strikethrough, good for the morale) which were completed during the last day, couple of days or whatever, according to your settings/parameters.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have a Tizen Galaxy Gear app for Samsung Smartwatches

Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatches are usually described as the leading competitor for the Apple Watch. Google Wear watches are typically described as running a dismal third place. I have a Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier and it's GREAT! A Ultimate To-Do List applet for Gear watches whereby one could at least see and check off done tasks would be great. Thanks for considering it. You might make a bit of money selling such as applet.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tags in ToodleDo can be up to 250 Charakters long (not just 64)

Currently when adding Tags to a toodledo task via UltimateToDo I'm stopped at 64 characters. ToodleDo supports up to 250 characters. Please provide the full deed length.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Location-based snoozing (snooze until I return here)

I love location-based reminders! However, when I am in a place, and I do not complete my task before I leave, I would like the snooze for that type of reminder to offer an option to "Snooze until I return here"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Display sub task icon on Parent task even when all sub tasks are completed

At the moment Parent tasks with active sub tasks will display an icon to show there are sub tasks present, even if the sub tasks are not visible.
    When all the sub tasks are completed the sub task icon disapears.
    I would like to see the sub task icon, even when all the sub tasks are completed, so I can identify the Parent task as a Parent. Maybe the icon could be in a different colour (as for the existing Parent and Sub Task icons). Also this could be made a configurable option for those who prefer the existing arrangement.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add SEARCH to Voice Mode

It would be great if one could Search via Voice Mode Dictation. Also, if Search hits were numbered, then one might dictate " change due date of #1 to next Monday" or "Mark #2 complete."

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A print functionality (for cloudprinter) to print a task with details. So important because toodledo's website does not offer print view.

I stronly miss a print functionality (for cloudprinter) to print a task with details. So important because toodledo's website does not offer print view.
    I sometimes want to print a task if it is done to store it in the project as documentation or log the steps I have done.
    Mainly I complete tasks at my smartphone - so I want to print from here with no complications [so I do not generate an extra task to print task ;-) ].

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. option - due exact time

Request:

I noticed that while you have an option "due EXACTLY ON the due date" however you don't have anything like that for the time. I would like to see this an option.

Reasoning:

Suppose, I have a medication I need to take at a specific time (lets say 13:00 and 20:00) I don't necessarily want to see that on my to-do list until the time to take the medication until maybe 15mins before the actual time. There are others, but you get the idea.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. View folder as Parent Task

Forgive me if this has been requested previously.

I have been using Folders in ULT to group tasks. I would like to be able to view the tasks in the widget GROUPED under the folder. (Showing the folder as a "parent" ) I realize that I could simply make these as sub-tasks, however these really are not sub-tasks.

For example, I have been creating lists of house-cleaning chores and breaking them up into manageable blocks and assigning them to specific days. I'd like to be able to in the widget, display something like the following:

Wednesday:
    □ task
    □ task…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add ability to clear due date when changing due date

After selecting a few tasks, there is an option to change their due date using the context menu, but on the dialog appearing there is no possibility to clear the due date. It has to be done by editing the tasks one by one. Alternatively, a new menu item "Clear due date" could do...

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to set default search type.

Ability to set default search type. 99% of the time i search within notes, but i have to select it with every search

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Move all overdue tasks to today with a single button

What I didn't do yesterday just moves forward to today. This happens to of us every day!
    Currently you must...
    Pull draw and select overdue items, then select one, then select all, then select change due date, then enter due date. Repetitive and that is what computers are good at... repetitive tasks!

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add option to see indented subtasks, even if they are filtered out,but parent is not.

I use the app the way, that my subtasks need to be completed to finish parent. But if I have two levels of subtasks and a subtask's subtasks are filtered out, not only do I not see them, it does not even show as having subtadks (only that it's being one.
    I would love to be able to see all subtasks to my tasks all the time immediately.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports