Skip to content

New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports

Use this forum to request and vote for new features or bug fixes. For the best results, make sure to check if your feature/bug fix has already been requested before posting a new one. As you type your suggestion here, you will see suggestions which may match yours.

Here is what the statuses mean:

• Under Review: This has been accepted. The release date is unknown.
  • Planned: This has been planned for an upcoming release – either the next release or very soon after.
  • Started: This is being actively worked on by our staff and will appear in the next major release.
  • Completed: The item has been fully implemented and appears in the latest release.
  • Declined: The item was not accepted. Check the comments area for the reason.

32 results found

1. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The 'Status' drop-down begins at 'Active' whereas 'Priority' begins at 'None'

The 'Status' drop-down begins at 'Active' whereas 'Priority' begins at 'None'? Can all drop-downs begin at 'None'?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. when I change the priority on a task & save. It reverts back to old value.

When I change the priority on a task & save it. A few minutes later it changes back to the old priority value. How can I stop this from happening?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Here are a few things to check:

Check to make sure you are pressing the “Save” button at the bottom of the screen after editing a task. If you press your phone’s back button, it will not save automatically (instead it will ask you if you want to save). Likewise, if you exit the app while editing a task, changes will not be saved.

If you make a conflicting change at Toodledo in between synchronizations, this can cause this issue (due to the sync conflict).

4. Change the black font color into white in the pop up selection screen (when you must make a choice). It's difficult to read

Change the black font color into white in the pop up selection screen (when you must make a choice). It's difficult to read and I guess it suppose to be white anyway. The planner on itself is great! Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just to confirm, are you saying that you are seeing black text on a black background? If so, can you provide an example of what steps you need to take to reproduce the problem? Also, what specific device do you have?

Sometimes, manufacturers modify Android in a way that prevents our app from applying the theme to all of the text and backgrounds, resulting in black on black or white on white text. We then have to write a workaround for that specific device.

As a quick fix, changing the app’s theme may clear up the problem. You can find the theme in the settings area.

5. Snoozed Reminders don't wait the specified snooze time.

We have 2 copies of UTDL v.2.0.3. One on a Droid Razr Maxx, Android v4.1.2. The other on Droid Mini, Android v4.4. Both have the same intermittent issue with Reminders being snoozed, usually for hours & the reminder popping back up again within minutes. Have not been able to correlate whether or not the snoozed hours end up being snoozed minutes or snoozed minutes end up being seconds. There doesn't seem to be any relation between snoozed time chosen to then the reminder pops up again.

The problem isn't consistent enough to identify a correlation.

This just began being an…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently unable to reproduce this issue on any of the devices in our office, but will run some additional testing before our next release. Any additional information you can provide would assist with testing. For example:

- Whether nagging reminders were enabled for the task.
    - If you recently moved from one time zone to another.
    - The exact snooze time selected.
    - The number of minutes until the reminder actually appeared.

6. Bugs with Priority:<None>

I ran into these bugs and ended up with a lot of confusion and spent about 1 hour trying to figure out what happened, as my tasks did not appear where they should have been when I was using two devices to sync back and forth (through the built-in ToodleDo sync). One device is a Nexus 4 with UTL 2.0.3, the other is a Nexus 7 (2013) with UTL 1.8.2.

I ran into the bug when I, being completely unaware at the time that <None> is not valid for ToodleDo, changed the priority of some ~30 tasks by:
    - Hit…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. when selecting text, copy cut paste buttons are invisible

I can access the functions but the icons for select all, cut, copy, paste are invisible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a known bug in the Galaxy S4 in which Samsung’s software (which implements the cut, copy, and paste buttons) does not obey the command from our app to apply a change in theme. The issue occurs when you change the theme from dark to light. If you keep the app in the dark theme, the problem does not occur.

Even though the bug is on Samsung’s side, we will be attempting a fix for the next major release.

8. I put a start date of 1976 on one task. It looks perfect on UTDL, but on Toodledo it's 2076. Sync problem or Toodledo?

Thanks for the quick email reply, David!

I put a start date of 1976 on one task. It looks perfect on UTDL, but on Toodledo it's 2076. UTDL, sync problem, or Toodledo? (I already posted the same experience on their site.)

• Bill
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Use ToodleDo's Hotlist criteria in UTL's Hotlist

Either there's a bug in the Hotlist syncing with ToodleDo, or UTL has its own independent Hotlist.

I have changed the criteria for my Toodledo Hotlist, but UTL does not show the same tasks in my UTL hotlist as Toodledo does.

If it's a bug, please could it be fixed.

If Toodledo doesn't offer syncing of its hotlist, please can the Help/documentation be updated to clarify that this is the case - i.e. that it's the same as for other Saved Searches in Toodledo - you need to manually replicate them separately in UTL.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm getting many duplicated tasks; I can add a simple, once only, Task and later find I have it two or three times. I delete back to one.

I'm getting many duplicated tasks; I can add a simple, once only, Task and later find I have it two or three times. I delete back to one and it seems to stabilise. I'm using a samsung Galaxy S9plus with pie and one UI.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Alphabetical sort of titles does not match Toodledo for [ ] ^ _ and '

In Toodledo the symbols:

[ ] ^ _ '

are sorted after the alphabet (AaBbCcDd ... XxYyZz)

But in the Ultimate To-Do List, these same symbols, when all tasks are sorted alphabetically, show up after the @ symbol but before the alphabet.

Examples:
    Toodledo alpha-sort:
    ! " # $ % & '
    ( ) * + - , . /
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    : ; < = > ? @
    A a B b C c ... X x Y y Z z
    [ ] ^ _ ' { } ~

Ultimate To-Do…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Widget title unreadable using dark theme

The widget title color should change when using the dark theme as it is almost unreadable.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are not currently able to reproduce this problem on devices in our office. When the dark theme is chosen for the widget, you should see blue text for the widget’s title on a black background. Do you see something else? Also, what device do you have, and which version of Android are you using?

If you haven’t already done so, you can adjust the theme for the widget by tapping on the settings button at the top of the widget and going to the widget’s display options. If the dark theme doesn’t work on your device, perhaps the light theme will.

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base