Skip to content

New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports

Use this forum to request and vote for new features or bug fixes. For the best results, make sure to check if your feature/bug fix has already been requested before posting a new one. As you type your suggestion here, you will see suggestions which may match yours.

Here is what the statuses mean:

• Under Review: This has been accepted. The release date is unknown.
  • Planned: This has been planned for an upcoming release – either the next release or very soon after.
  • Started: This is being actively worked on by our staff and will appear in the next major release.
  • Completed: The item has been fully implemented and appears in the latest release.
  • Declined: The item was not accepted. Check the comments area for the reason.

464 results found

1. Have a Tizen Galaxy Gear app for Samsung Smartwatches

Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatches are usually described as the leading competitor for the Apple Watch. Google Wear watches are typically described as running a dismal third place. I have a Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier and it's GREAT! A Ultimate To-Do List applet for Gear watches whereby one could at least see and check off done tasks would be great. Thanks for considering it. You might make a bit of money selling such as applet.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Portugues (Brasil) voice mode

Portugues (Brasil) voice mode

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Should Be With Password protection for open the apps

Passwords Protection in open the app
    For exit the aap need to permition are you want to
    Exit app yes or no
    Yes to exit no to back in app

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Display sub task icon on Parent task even when all sub tasks are completed

At the moment Parent tasks with active sub tasks will display an icon to show there are sub tasks present, even if the sub tasks are not visible.
    When all the sub tasks are completed the sub task icon disapears.
    I would like to see the sub task icon, even when all the sub tasks are completed, so I can identify the Parent task as a Parent. Maybe the icon could be in a different colour (as for the existing Parent and Sub Task icons). Also this could be made a configurable option for those who prefer the existing arrangement.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add SEARCH to Voice Mode

It would be great if one could Search via Voice Mode Dictation. Also, if Search hits were numbered, then one might dictate " change due date of #1 to next Monday" or "Mark #2 complete."

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option for exact word search

Have an option for simple or complex searches to specify an exact or partial match on a word or phrase. For instance, if we specified exact match with "gate" then besides " gate" "gate," or "gate." would be allowed but not "investigate." For phrases, if we specified an exact match for "lock gate," only those two words in order would qualify whereas a partial search would allow either of the two words as a hit and rank search results according to number of search words contained in hits, and perhaps their proximity and/or order. The first part of this request,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The 'Status' drop-down begins at 'Active' whereas 'Priority' begins at 'None'

The 'Status' drop-down begins at 'Active' whereas 'Priority' begins at 'None'? Can all drop-downs begin at 'None'?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automatic last completed date on repeating tasks as i don't always manage to complete repeating tasks and change the due date instead.

Completed date is automatically updated on the completed task but not on the new version of the repeating task. So if i dont manage to do a repeating task but change the due date, i don't know when i last atually did it.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Update the User Interface

This is one of the very best to-do apps in terms of functionality but it looks much less attractive than lesser apps. This is a great shame! Looks shouldn't matter, but they do!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ultimate To-Do List and Gear S3: respond to notifications (e.g. snooze for 5 minutes) directly within the notification like Calengoo does

It would be very productive if one can respond to a reminder directly within the notification. With this option one can snooze the reminder directly on the Gear S3. Currently I got the notification on my Gear and have to snooze it on the phone; not that nice :(

The calendar app 'Calengoo' provides such a feature - it's very very cool :)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A print functionality (for cloudprinter) to print a task with details. So important because toodledo's website does not offer print view.

I stronly miss a print functionality (for cloudprinter) to print a task with details. So important because toodledo's website does not offer print view.
    I sometimes want to print a task if it is done to store it in the project as documentation or log the steps I have done.
    Mainly I complete tasks at my smartphone - so I want to print from here with no complications [so I do not generate an extra task to print task ;-) ].

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. option - due exact time

Request:

I noticed that while you have an option "due EXACTLY ON the due date" however you don't have anything like that for the time. I would like to see this an option.

Reasoning:

Suppose, I have a medication I need to take at a specific time (lets say 13:00 and 20:00) I don't necessarily want to see that on my to-do list until the time to take the medication until maybe 15mins before the actual time. There are others, but you get the idea.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. View folder as Parent Task

Forgive me if this has been requested previously.

I have been using Folders in ULT to group tasks. I would like to be able to view the tasks in the widget GROUPED under the folder. (Showing the folder as a "parent" ) I realize that I could simply make these as sub-tasks, however these really are not sub-tasks.

For example, I have been creating lists of house-cleaning chores and breaking them up into manageable blocks and assigning them to specific days. I'd like to be able to in the widget, display something like the following:

Wednesday:
    □ task
    □ task…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ultimate To-Do List App on Garmin Fenix

It would be wonderful to have a simple Ultimate To-Do List on the Garmin Fenix watch.
    Just to display, check complete and sync them. Entering tasks would not be needed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make a Chrome extension

I used an Android emulator to use your three pane app on my PC - and I liked it, but using an emulator to run an app is just way too unwieldy.

I do need that bigger picture outline View for planning so have switched to the Gtasks app on Chrome for that and then sync back to use Ultimate on my smartphone.

From what I've seen, however, the Ultimate app for tablet computers is superior do the Gtasks app for Chrome so you have it beat if you could port it over to Chrome. Any chance of this happening?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. zoom

unless all that task and subtasks have something in common like a tag,context/folder there is no way to look at a task and its subtasks without looking at an unfiltered list which is too burdonsome to be useful.

So would like to be able to "zoom" that is "focus" on one task with all its subtasks. If you have a long list, often subtasks are hidden by filters. so would be great if i could zoom on one task and see it and all subtasks and thus work on just that one project.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Calculating event duration in Google Calendar integration

Currently, the only way to show a block of time on Google Calendar from a UTDL tasks is for both the start time and the end times to be indicated. This is a difficult and time-consuming way to get a realistic-looking calendar from UTDL data. Much simpler if this could be calculated from the start time and the expected length of the test.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Two way sync for Google Calendar (or a third party workaround)

Posted on Google Groups:

Hi everyone - I bought Ultimate To Do List a few weeks ago and love it. I tend to geek out with this stuff and this is the most complete app I have found for this purpose.

I am syncing with Google, and Ultimate does that well with Tasks, and the one way sync with Google Calendar isn't horrible - but two way sync sure would be nice. Ultimate to do list forms a near perfect "database" for pending tasks, but the graphical planning you could do with Google Calendar - provided it could be made…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. auto set location context and folder by using the slash as it is done on toodledo

auto set location context and folder by using the slash as it is done on toodledo

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create a new task via voice with one tap (in german language)

So far the Voice Commands are just in English. Having all Voice Commands in german language might be a long run aim.

A very helpful first step would be to having the Option (as an android activity?) to enter a new task just by one tap and talking (in german).

This would be extremely helpful!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?