New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports

Use this forum to request and vote for new features or bug fixes. For the best results, make sure to check if your feature/bug fix has already been requested before posting a new one. As you type your suggestion here, you will see suggestions which may match yours.

Here is what the statuses mean:

• Under Review: This has been accepted. The release date is unknown.
  • Planned: This has been planned for an upcoming release – either the next release or very soon after.
  • Started: This is being actively worked on by our staff and will appear in the next major release.
  • Completed: The item has been fully implemented and appears in the latest release.
  • Declined: The item was not accepted. Check the comments area for the reason.
  1. calendar integration - very disappointed that it dodsnt work-with blackberry playbook - sorry i bought ultimate to-do

sorry I bought this software as it doesn't work with BB playbook calendar - not worth the money

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The 'Status' drop-down begins at 'Active' whereas 'Priority' begins at 'None'

The 'Status' drop-down begins at 'Active' whereas 'Priority' begins at 'None'? Can all drop-downs begin at 'None'?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. possibility to link tasks to folders or files on the android

A lot of tasks involve handling files on my android-device. So it would be great if e.g. I could follow a link in the task which brings me directly to the folder which keeps the files that have to do with the task.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When an alarm goes off, display the name of the task! Instead of a blank screen.

And, the alarm should continue to sound for a long time, perhaps a minute, unless dismissed or snoozed. In other words, like an actual alarm! If the alarm is not dismissed or snoozed, it should automatically sound again in x minutes (configurable).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I assume this request is to allow the task name to pop up on the screen – regardless of what app the user is in – in addition to being placed in the notification bar.

Note that the app already has an option to sound the alarm again if it is not dismissed or snoozed. When creating or editing a task, select an alarm time and then choose the “nagging” option.

5. Please make it possible to roll back to previous user interface. It was perfect and you downgraded it to the current, chaotic GUI.

The old user interface was absolutely perfect, in my opinion.
    This new one represents for me such a downgrade that I'm considering alternatives to this App.
    I'm developing SW myself, but I'm old-fashioned and my mantra is "if it ain't broken, don't fix it".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Able to set "out-of-bounds" hours for reminders

After setting the "out-of-bounds" timings, during task creation software either blocks the setting of reminders to go off during those hours, or gives a warning prompt that reminder had been set during out of bounds hours

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. when selecting text, copy cut paste buttons are invisible

I can access the functions but the icons for select all, cut, copy, paste are invisible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There is a known bug in the Galaxy S4 in which Samsung’s software (which implements the cut, copy, and paste buttons) does not obey the command from our app to apply a change in theme. The issue occurs when you change the theme from dark to light. If you keep the app in the dark theme, the problem does not occur.

Even though the bug is on Samsung’s side, we will be attempting a fix for the next major release.

8. Add option for new tasks in manual sort to be added to top instead of bottom of list

I imagine any time you are adding a new task it is higher priority than the last one on your list, currently you have to immediately move the new one up from the bottom, I request there is an option to add all new tasks to the top instead of the bottom.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Translate into hungarian

Which I would do gladly for no charge. I have already bought your porduct as well, so no need for "developer version". ;)
    What say you?

Regards,

Robert B.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When entering location add that location to the task

When I create a new task and add a new location, after entering the location info, I go back to the task and I have to select the location I just created. This location should be added to the task like when I create a new folder, I don't have to select that folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Widget title unreadable using dark theme

The widget title color should change when using the dark theme as it is almost unreadable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are not currently able to reproduce this problem on devices in our office. When the dark theme is chosen for the widget, you should see blue text for the widget’s title on a black background. Do you see something else? Also, what device do you have, and which version of Android are you using?

If you haven’t already done so, you can adjust the theme for the widget by tapping on the settings button at the top of the widget and going to the widget’s display options. If the dark theme doesn’t work on your device, perhaps the light theme will.

13. Add option to see indented subtasks, even if they are filtered out,but parent is not.

I use the app the way, that my subtasks need to be completed to finish parent. But if I have two levels of subtasks and a subtask's subtasks are filtered out, not only do I not see them, it does not even show as having subtadks (only that it's being one.
    I would love to be able to see all subtasks to my tasks all the time immediately.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I put a start date of 1976 on one task. It looks perfect on UTDL, but on Toodledo it's 2076. Sync problem or Toodledo?

Thanks for the quick email reply, David!

I put a start date of 1976 on one task. It looks perfect on UTDL, but on Toodledo it's 2076. UTDL, sync problem, or Toodledo? (I already posted the same experience on their site.)

- Bill

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to Search Tasks and Notes at the Same Time in Quick Search

Currently, when tapping on the search button to perform a quick search, either tasks or notes may be searched. This feature request is to allow both tasks and notes to be searched on at the same time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. improve time interface

instead of adjusting the time for a task only by pressing + or - I would like to be able to scroll. check out the sbb app (swiss railway company) which allows both options: scrolling and direct entry by double tapping in fact for both time and date. smooth.. :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. money fields

I plan on using this as primarily for my job as an independent contractor. Each job pays a flat rate, and I would like a field to enter the amount I will be paid. I would also like fields to track any expenses I had relating to each job. Parking, tolls, etc...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)