New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports

Use this forum to request and vote for new features or bug fixes. For the best results, make sure to check if your feature/bug fix has already been requested before posting a new one. As you type your suggestion here, you will see suggestions which may match yours.

Here is what the statuses mean:

• Under Review: This has been accepted. The release date is unknown.
  • Planned: This has been planned for an upcoming release – either the next release or very soon after.
  • Started: This is being actively worked on by our staff and will appear in the next major release.
  • Completed: The item has been fully implemented and appears in the latest release.
  • Declined: The item was not accepted. Check the comments area for the reason.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add better reminders (multiple/random)

Currently when adding a task you can set reminders in two ways:
    - Set up a date and time to be reminded for tasks with no due time.
    - Or you can set a reminder relative to the due time.

I'd like this to be done differently:
    - make relative reminders optional
    - always be able to set the reminder time and date manually
    - add the ability to set multiple reminders for one task (example: you need to do something and want to be reminded of that twice on a moment that suits you without making two separate tasks) …

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have "Show Parent Task" in long press menu for a subtask

On Toodledo, if you are viewing a subtask while not seeing the parent task, there is a button you can press to cause the parent task to be shown. The button is the "tree" icon (schematically indicating a parent task and two subtasks), with the hover text "This is a subtask. Click icon to load parent."

I would like a feature like this for UTL. Right now there is a way to go from a parent task to the list of subtasks, but no way to go from a subtask to its parent.

I imagine it being in the subtask's…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add attachments/link ability

ToodleDo now allows linking from a task to a selected note. This ability would be very helpful on the Android phone and/or tablet.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. upgrade the timer feature

Have the app automatically add aline to the note field when the timer is starte showing the date and time the timer was started. Then additional line when the timer is stopped and include the elapsed time of that timer event. This would be usefull in helping with tracking hours so that small business owners can track time for billing clients.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Take advantage of Samsungs split screen option.

New Samsungs and several other droids, allow screen to be splitted so you could use several apps at the same time on the same screen. Would be great to see calendar and to do list at the same time.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remove a task from the calendar when completed.

The feature to add a task to the calendar works great but when you mark the task as completed out stays on the calendar. The task must actually be deleted to disappear from the calendar. I suggest you remove the task from the calendar as soon as it is marked completed.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Alert pop up box

When alert alarms go off, have a pop up box wake up screen and appear on screen until dismissed or snoozed

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add sync to Dropbox

Maybe add some feature like GDT GTD's sync to Dropbox, this is a wonderful feature, I don't need to warry to loss data.but UltimateTo-Do can only sync to SD card.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integrate with Google Now

In addition to searching the web, Google Now can also search data on the device. On my tablet & phone, I see search results from apps like Google Drive, Google Finance, Chrome, Contacts, Springpad, Amazon, Yelp, and others. Twenty-one of my apps can be configured for Phone Search in Google Now. I use To-Do List heavily and would like to see Tasks and Notes show up in my search results. Thanks.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Sync with todoist.com

Please add a sync with todoist.com. Toodledo is useless without multiple levels of Subtasks. I can't understand why Toodledo is so popular. There needs to be a sync with one that is fully functional besides Google Tasks. Thank you, Ken

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When using multiple Toodledo accounts, folders need to be linked to accounts

Because there is no support for workspaces yet, the only way to share tasks is to have two accounts configured. To prevent the other person's tasks from cluttering the view, folders can be set up as the home view, where one can nicely first select whether the task is shared or private.

So far so good (not optimal but will do).

The problem is that when one enters the shared folder and presses new task, thef folder is selected ok, but the account might be wrong (it's apparently the account created first). This is wrong because there is no folder…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please create a version for Iphone PLEASE PLEASE

REmemeber the milk is not enough, I want to sync with google plus!!!

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Filter due date depending on weekdays

It would be great to filter tasks depending on weekdays e.g."all task with due day before next sunday"
    The posibility to filter by the amount of days "the next 4 days" has the disadvantage that the app shows you next weeks todos at the end of the week (by using e.g. the criteria "the next 4 days" on friday this week shows already tasks from next week monday+tuesday).

I like to think week by week! :-)

Toodledo supports this option already within the search-view...

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it easy to search tasks within a folder

When I am viewing a task folder and tap the search button, my intention, pretty much always, is to search tasks in the current folder, not to search all tasks. Not only does the app not behave this way, i.e., the simple search function that pops up searches across all tasks rather than the current folder, but it is ridiculously difficult to do a search that is restricted to one folder. Taps involved:

Search button
    Scroll to expose Advanced Search button
    Advanced Search button
    Add filter rule
    Folder
    Modify
    Desired folder
    Save
    Save
    Add filter rule
    Title
    Type search text …

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A good way to implement this would be to add an option to the quick search feature (which is accessed by pressing the search button). This option would limit the tasks being search to the current view (which could be a single folder, a context, the hotlist, custom view, etc.).

17. 14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add the ability to go to a specific view on startup

Such as a custom view or specific folder.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow for start/due times that are not a multiple of 5 min

When setting a start or due time, the time picker requires that this be a multiple of 5 minutes. In most cases, this is good because there are fewer taps needed to set a time. For users needing more accuracy, implement a setting to change this to 1 minute increments.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. EXIT method

Needs a way to EXIT the program & remove it from memory. MENU button doesn't bring up anything & couldn't find anything in the blue menu bar. Back just goes to the last screen viewed - even on home screen.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports

Feedback and Knowledge Base