Skip to content

New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports

Use this forum to request and vote for new features or bug fixes. For the best results, make sure to check if your feature/bug fix has already been requested before posting a new one. As you type your suggestion here, you will see suggestions which may match yours.

Here is what the statuses mean:

• Under Review: This has been accepted. The release date is unknown.
  • Planned: This has been planned for an upcoming release – either the next release or very soon after.
  • Started: This is being actively worked on by our staff and will appear in the next major release.
  • Completed: The item has been fully implemented and appears in the latest release.
  • Declined: The item was not accepted. Check the comments area for the reason.

134 results found

1. Mark a recursive task as done flushs the alarm information on todlledo server.

Mark a recursive task as done flushs the alarm information on todlledo server,so other apps can not retrieve it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are not currently able to reproduce this issue in our office. Completed tasks are retaining their alarm information when viewed on Toodledo’s web site.

However, if you can provide a specific example of when the problem occurs, then we can investigate further. For a task that has the problem, please provide the due date/time, reminder date/time, and the repeating pattern. Also let us know whether the reminder was specified as a certain number of minutes or hours prior to the due date/time, or whether the reminder was specified as an exact date and time.

Additionally, let us know precisely what you are seeing (or not seeing), when viewing the task from Toodledo’s web site.

2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Provide cut/copy support in text fields

I would think this would be a huge dealbreaker for any serious professional using their android and Ultimate To-Do List for business purposes.

Since I'm using UTDL to jot down things that pop into my mind in order to come back to and delegate or sort later, it's a shame that I can't highlight text and copy it to the clipboard from within Ultimate To-Do List. Am I missing something? Why has no one written about this core and fundamental flaw yet?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app does support copy and paste. When editing a task title or note, press and hold your finger on some of the text until you see a context menu appear with the option to select text. Depending on your version of Android, the context menu will either appear as a popup menu, or it will appear in the upper right corner of your screen.

4. Move the Contact icon away from the Completed Task checkbox on a list of tasks

It is too easy hit the the Completed Task checkbox, which is larger, when trying to hit the Contact icon (to call the person, e.g.), even using a large font on my large Galaxy Note 2 device, since it is positioned so close to it on the task list line.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow multiple subtask levels

I realize that another suggestion contains the idea of multiple subtask levels but it is mixed in with a request for sync with Taoist.

I feel that multiple subtask levels is important enough to merit its own, dedicated suggestion entry. So, here it is.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app currently supports multiple subtask levels as long as you are not synchronizing with Toodledo. Toodledo does not support more than one level of subtasks, and so UTL also cannot support this while synchronizing with Toodledo.

To use multiple levels of subtasks, it is necessary to either sync with Google Tasks or not sync at all.

6. Have an option to make all reminders "nagging"

The nagging feature is great and I would like all alarms to behave like that by default.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Creating Views

Allow users to select task not completed or completed when creating custom views

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app currently supports this. When viewing a list of tasks, press and hold your finger on a task until a context menu appears. Then, select the “add subtask” option.

If you don’t see this option, you can enable it in the app’s settings area.

9. improve the UI for better readability

Use better icons. Use more grays in the background. Make it look more professional

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change priority color

I'd prefer if priority colors for low and negative were reversed, and thought it would be beneficial if they were configurable

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Group select tasks to move from existing folder to a new folder

Provide the ability to select 2 or more tasks andmove them from existing folder to new folder and/or accomplish it through drag and drop feature

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. parent tasks without due dates still showing in calendar when subtask has due date

If I make a parent task with no due date then add a subtask with a due date (my default is all tasks check show in calendar), the parent without a due date shows up in calendar

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If your default is to have all tasks show in the calendar, then the behavior you are experiencing is by design. Unless you uncheck the “show in calendar” box, all tasks (regardless of whether they are a parent or a subtask) will appear in the calendar.

13. have tasks default to normal priority.

On my BlackBerry Q10 UTDL defaults all new tasks to high priority. Most tasks created are probably not high priority. It would be more user-friendly to have tasks default to normal priority when created.

Also, if you need a customer accolade or review done, I'm your man. I've been using electronic organizers for about 13 years. :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ultimate To-Do List is actually a one-time payment. Once you buy the app, you never have to purchase again as long as you have a device that is linked to the same Google account.

I’m guessing that you are referring to Toodledo.com, which our app synchronizes with. We do not operate Toodledo, so I would recommend taking your suggestion to them.

15. Add ToodleDo Lists and Outline features

UTDL currently syncs very well for Tasks in ToodleDo, it also has a feature that allows access to the Notes feature. However, ToodleDo have now added new features - Lists and Outlines.

Updating the mobile app is therefore needed to maintain compatability with the web/desk-top versions.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As part of normal Android behavior, if you leave the app and return later (while the app is still running) then the last screen you were on will display. The startup screen option will work if the app is being started for the first time, or restarted after Android has to stop it to free up memory.

If you are interested in changing this behavior, then I would recommend voting on this feature request:

http://utl.uservoice.com/forums/149475-new-feature-suggestions-and-bug-reports/suggestions/2808806-ability-to-display-the-startup-screen-everytime-th

17. Incorrect contact assigned when linking on Blackberry Z10

Hi - Evaluating application (installed yesterday) and when adding 'contact' to task the selected name displays as expected UNTIL SAVE pressed and then a different name is assigned! Not good...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Contacts integration has not been working on Blackberry devices due to problems with the Blackberry Android emulator that are outside our control.

The good news is that we found a workaround that will appear in the next release. This will be available in Blackberry’s store in a few days.

18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. all my reminders are haywire, some deactivated and some still firing

i have read the comments sections on the workarounds for the the reminders, i have done most of it if not all but none is working, when is the next release to address this bug? for example some reminder i sent dont work, some worked but when put into dismiss mode, but leaving the daily reminder activated, the reminder gets switched off entirely.

this is the most basic and fundamental requirement. i understand that the other functionalities are good but tis is a major inconvenience that need to be addressed, what is the use of all the features that a…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?