Skip to content

New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports

Use this forum to request and vote for new features or bug fixes. For the best results, make sure to check if your feature/bug fix has already been requested before posting a new one. As you type your suggestion here, you will see suggestions which may match yours.

Here is what the statuses mean:

• Under Review: This has been accepted. The release date is unknown.
  • Planned: This has been planned for an upcoming release – either the next release or very soon after.
  • Started: This is being actively worked on by our staff and will appear in the next major release.
  • Completed: The item has been fully implemented and appears in the latest release.
  • Declined: The item was not accepted. Check the comments area for the reason.

39 results found

1. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Rescheduling of repeat tasks sometimes doesn't work

This seems to be the same problem as "Bug: Advanced repeating tasks don't work".

I have the following settings for the task:
    Due Date: 2016-04-21
    Completed: 2016-06-21
    Repeat: The last Sun of each month
    Repeat From: Completion Date

When I marked it completed on 2016-06-21, it stayed as completed and did not reschedule.

Sometimes my repeat tasks reschedule and other times they are marked as done.

This is very frustrating as I always have to keep looking in my completed tasks for tasks that should have been rescheduled.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Given what you have described, i’m wondering if you are editing a task that was previously marked as complete and has already generated a new task based on the repeating pattern. In order to prevent accidental duplicates, the app has some code in place to prevent extra repeating tasks from being created if a task is marked as complete, then marked as incomplete, and then marked as complete again. Without these protections, marking a task as complete twice would produce 2 duplicate future tasks.

In certain unusual situations, this protection against duplicates could prevent a new task from being created when you want one to be. One thing you could try is to make sure to avoid turning a completed task into an incomplete one as much as possible. Instead, create a new task or use the clone command to make a copy of the completed one.

3. Folders not sorted

If you a select a folder, the folder names are not sorted, only appear in the sequence folders were added.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It sounds like you are synchronizing with Toodledo. The app displays the folders in the same order that they appear in Toodledo. If you go to the folders area in Toodledo from a web browser and sort the folders alphabetically, they will also sort alphabetically in the app.

4. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The 4×3 (and similar widgets) are meant for Android 2.×. Some installations of Android 4+ do not properly render the font sizes and spacing our app specifies when using these widgets.

We have a widget named “Task List (Android 3+)” which is meant for your device. If you install this widget, you will not have any issues with items lining up. In addition, this widget is scrollable and re-sizeable.

5. Sometimes changes are not saved because of "google tasks must have a folder"

Sometimes when I edit an existing task, I cannot save the changes and I see the following temporary message on the screen:
    "google tasks must have a folder"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a limitation imposed by Google that is outside of our control. Fortunately, it is easy to remove this error message. Just choose a folder when creating or editing a task. If the “folder” field is invisible, you can enable it in the settings area.

6. Serious bug in location reminders, drains battery

There exists a serious bug in location reminders. Once a location is defined on a map the GPS will switch on and will never switch off, no matter if the app is running or not. This will drain the battery of the phone dramatically. The only workaround is to delete all locations and reboot the phone.

Please have a look at "location without tears" from the Tasker manual on how to avoid this:

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/userguide/en/loctears.html

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app is currently turning on the GPS so that it can provide a reminder when a particular task’s location is reached. The app assumes that the user wants to be reminded even if the app is not running.

We have another feature request open to address the power drain issue by providing an option to use cellular location only. Feel free to add your vote and comments here:

http://utl.uservoice.com/forums/149475-new-feature-suggestions-and-bug-reports/suggestions/2588385-support-location-reminders-that-use-cellular-locat

7. When adding task via voice, new task defaults are not used

When adding task via voice, it doesn't use the "new task defaults." My default folder is "2022" but it leaves the folder field blank. It took me awhile to figure out where the task was going since my default view in folder=2022.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bug: tasks updated or removed in web toodledo unchanged

When I sync Android ultimate todo list, items that were removed or modified on the web remain unchanged on ultimate todo list.

Reproduction steps:
    1.create task on web
    2.sync to ultimate
    3.remove task on web
    4. Sync ultimate

Actual behavior : the task is still there

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Your "autocorrect" feature is infuriating. Add a setting to disable it.

Your "autocorrect" feature is infuriating. Add a setting to disable it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you provide more details on what you mean by the “autocorrect” feature? If you’re referring to autocorrect as you type, this is managed by the Android keyboard, and switching to a different keyboard may resolve the issue.

If it’s not keyboard related, we can accept your request once we have some additional details.

10. GPS doesn't turn off

After enabling locations my phone keeps GPS on and this uses a lot of extra battery.
    Maybe it's a bug. If not maybe the feature could be changed to only use GPS locations when the Cell ID location reports that the phone is near the set location.
    Tested on a HTC Sensation android phone.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When finishing a task that is assigned to some "Goal", chain link is not added for that goal.

Maybe adding also a "full support" - show chains for goals in application - would be also great. I mean that chains on this page: http://www.toodledo.com/organize/goals.php (for Pro accounts)

But fixing that bug with not adding chain links would be enough.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This issue appears to be on Toodledo’s side. The interface Toodledo provides to apps such as ours does not provide a way to directly update the goal chain. If you are not seeing a new link in the chain after completing a task within UTL, then Toodledo’s server did not update its internal records after the synchronization.

Currently, the only workaround we are aware of is to make sure to mark the task as complete from Toodledo’s web site.

Regarding support for viewing a goal chain within UTL, feel free to submit this in the “New Feature Suggestions” area.

12. Sync with google tasks does not work

I have entered my google id, pressed sync, but nothing happened -- taks don't sync in either direction. (I am already linked with my toodledo acct and have no problem syncing with it.) Using: Galaxy S3

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. sync across devices is not working 100%. The amount if tasks is not the same between my 2 devices.

sync across devices is not working 100%. The amount if tasks is not the same between my 2 devices. Also if I star a task on one device this will not propagate to my other device.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When using multiple devices, it is important to understand that synchronization will take longer than it will with a single device. A new or edited task on your first device will first need to upload to your Toodledo or Google account, and then it will need to download to your second device. The whole process can take as long as 2 hours, depending on your sync setup. The star field will synchronize with both devices as long as the star field is enabled in the app’s settings.

Also, differences in the filter settings between your two devices will affect how many tasks display. You can check the filter settings from any task list by tapping on the filter button at the bottom of the screen.

Try the following test, and, if it fails, we can investigate further. If a problem is found with the app, we will accept this as…

14. Fix bug: back out of app

I can't back out of the app. It always takes me to the fields/functions used setting screen. I pretty well only use the starred task view, and I used to be able to enter the app to this view and back out to close the app when finished.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bug in Sync

Bug: "Context" and "Goals" don't sync. I'm not sure about "Location" as I haven't tried that yet.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are synchronizing both devices with a Google account, rather than a Toodledo account, some workarounds are needed due to Google’s lack of support for goals and contexts. UTL will send Goal and Context information to Google, but it is stored within the task’s note field in Google, and is not visible with browsing your tasks from Google. When a task is downloaded from Google containing context or goal information, the app checks to see if the goal or context name exists on the device. If it does, it is linked to the task. Otherwise, the goal or context is ignored.

Your best bet is to re-enter your goals and contexts on the tablet, making sure the names match exactly. The fields will then fill in properly during synchronization. Note that each task with a missing goal or context will need to go through a synchronization in order for…

16. Enhance Screenshots: SHOW SUBTASKS! The reason people land here!

The search for apps that understand true subtasks is (I think) a significant reason as to why people come looking at Ultimate To-Do List.

Ya think you might show some in your screenshots?!?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Mark a recursive task as done flushs the alarm information on todlledo server.

Mark a recursive task as done flushs the alarm information on todlledo server,so other apps can not retrieve it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are not currently able to reproduce this issue in our office. Completed tasks are retaining their alarm information when viewed on Toodledo’s web site.

However, if you can provide a specific example of when the problem occurs, then we can investigate further. For a task that has the problem, please provide the due date/time, reminder date/time, and the repeating pattern. Also let us know whether the reminder was specified as a certain number of minutes or hours prior to the due date/time, or whether the reminder was specified as an exact date and time.

Additionally, let us know precisely what you are seeing (or not seeing), when viewing the task from Toodledo’s web site.

19. Startup screen setting not working properly

For some reason, the option that allows you to select the startup screen doesn't seem to work properly. I don't know if it's a "feature" or a bug, but everytime i start the app, the screen only displays the last view displayed on exit. The startup screen setting will only be taken into account when I reboot my device.

It would be nice to have a startup screen that really "reset" the view to the desired screen everytime you start the app.

I'm running android 2.3.4 and the last version of Ultimate To-do list

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is due a common misunderstanding about how Android handles running apps. When you return to your home screen or switch to another app, Android will keep our app in memory if it has enough system resources to do so. If you then return to the app, the last screen viewed as displayed because the app never actually exited.

Android will shut down the app if it needs to free up resources for another running app. If this occurs, then the startup screen will display when you return to the app.

If you are interested, feel free to submit a new feature request to have the startup screen brought to the front anytime the app is brought to the foreground (even if it is still running). Or, another option would be an on-screen button or command that takes the user directly to the startup screen.

20. parent tasks without due dates still showing in calendar when subtask has due date

If I make a parent task with no due date then add a subtask with a due date (my default is all tasks check show in calendar), the parent without a due date shows up in calendar

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If your default is to have all tasks show in the calendar, then the behavior you are experiencing is by design. Unless you uncheck the “show in calendar” box, all tasks (regardless of whether they are a parent or a subtask) will appear in the calendar.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base