I suggest you ...

Allow multiple contexts to be added

This would mean, for instance, that a task that could be completed at either home or work would appear on both lists. Which would save the effort of moving it from one to the other.

119 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Aaron Sentell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One context per task is plenty in my opinion. If you need more then tags are a great alternative.

• Daniel McCune commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to assign multiple contexts to a task. I use contexts for the different weekly meetings I attend, and I create tasks for ad hoc agenda items. When I'm in the meeting, I click on the context to lookup agenda items for that meeting. But I often run out of time and an agenda items must wait for the next meeting. When I create an agenda item, I would like to pick the multiple meetings in case I don't get to it in the first meeting.

• SES21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Contexts should indicate a person, place or tool that's *required* to complete the task. If you can do it at home or work then neither of those is really a "context" for that particular task. I suspect, though, that there is something that's required to be able to do it - e.g., a PC, internet connection, telephone, etc. I agree with dd: if you need multiples, use tags instead - that's their purpose!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Contexts are more appropriate to the GTD method e.g @home, @work. Therefore allowing selection of multiple contexts would be useful.

• dd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the idea of contexts is that there is always one context. And I think this is good. If you need multiple contexts you can use tags instead.

Feedback and Knowledge Base