New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports

Use this forum to request and vote for new features or bug fixes. For the best results, make sure to check if your feature/bug fix has already been requested before posting a new one. As you type your suggestion here, you will see suggestions which may match yours.

Here is what the statuses mean:

• Under Review: This has been accepted. The release date is unknown.
  • Planned: This has been planned for an upcoming release – either the next release or very soon after.
  • Started: This is being actively worked on by our staff and will appear in the next major release.
  • Completed: The item has been fully implemented and appears in the latest release.
  • Declined: The item was not accepted. Check the comments area for the reason.
  1. Make Manual Sort button a toggling button with an indicator.

I use manual sorting a lot.
    While in a task list in Manual Sorting mode, I often find myself, intuitively, hitting the Manual Sort button again, with the expectation that it will result in toggling back to Normal mode.
    However, it does nothing.
    The only way to exit manual sort mode, is to hit the arrow in the top left of the screen.
    My request would be to make the manual sort button toggling manual sort mode on and off, preferably with an indicater (a highlight for instance) whether it's on or not (although the text "Drag the tasks to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. option - due exact time

Request:

I noticed that while you have an option "due EXACTLY ON the due date" however you don't have anything like that for the time. I would like to see this an option.

Reasoning:

Suppose, I have a medication I need to take at a specific time (lets say 13:00 and 20:00) I don't necessarily want to see that on my to-do list until the time to take the medication until maybe 15mins before the actual time. There are others, but you get the idea.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync button

Add 'sync' button to the screen (saves having to go into menu)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adding Category to Notes and Reminders

Linking Notes to Tasks and Add Category to each notes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. get To Do List to display outstanding tasks in status bar on phone/tablet reboot

For those who like to see a reminder of outstanding tasks in the device's status bar, it is frustrating that they don't come back on reboot after a system crash or manual reboot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have diary views

Introduce views which classify all tasks into those overdue, those due today, those due tomorrow, those due beyond that but within a week and those with no due date. Each to have a separate heading. Business tasks has done it really well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. allow multiple goal selection

Some tasks serve more than one goal

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Location-based snoozing (snooze until I return here)

I love location-based reminders! However, when I am in a place, and I do not complete my task before I leave, I would like the snooze for that type of reminder to offer an option to "Snooze until I return here"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ultimate To-Do List App on Garmin Fenix

It would be wonderful to have a simple Ultimate To-Do List on the Garmin Fenix watch.
    Just to display, check complete and sync them. Entering tasks would not be needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create additional Display Options on the Widget (match the App's View Display Options)

The Apps View has the ability to use the left & right areas under the task title to display additional task attributes. The Widget only permits 1 attribute on the left side under the task title. Could the Widget Display Options / view be changed to allow an additional display attribute on the right side?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Colour today and future dates in My views

In my views currently I have such a list:

Today is 04/10/2013
    Title of the task - Note - Due Date
    Alexander - Task 1 - 02/10/2013 (text colour is red)
    Alexander - Task 2 - 04/10/2013 (text colour is white)
    Alexander - Task 3 - 10/10/2013 (text colour is white)

It could be easire to understand if the Date Due colour for today was yellow or green (different from the one that are already passed and from those that haven't come yet).
    It would be even better if I could put my own colours for today, 3 day before…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Don't display P and S icons

They are more distracting than helpful because there is already an indentation signifying subtasks under parents. it just makes the display cluttered.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Be able to backup to onedrive. Inegation with outlook, or office 365

I do not use Google and with this app I would not need todoodle.com. i do use office 365 , and onedrive.com and outlook.com. i would like to be able to backup to there and not google or todoodle.com or even dropbox. That way I do not have my stuff all over the Internet. I can just have it in my onedrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option for exact word search

Have an option for simple or complex searches to specify an exact or partial match on a word or phrase. For instance, if we specified exact match with "gate" then besides " gate" "gate," or "gate." would be allowed but not "investigate." For phrases, if we specified an exact match for "lock gate," only those two words in order would qualify whereas a partial search would allow either of the two words as a hit and rank search results according to number of search words contained in hits, and perhaps their proximity and/or order. The first part of this request,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make mic. input widget that works like "Simplest Checklist" and "Toodletask" combined

Make a speech to text input widget that works such that I can configure it for folder, context, tag and such and then when I tap on it, automatically brings up google speech to text interface, shows me its best guess of what I said, will let me choose it, edit it or speak again and then puts it in UTL and goes away. This idea comes from combining the behavior of two other google play apps called "Simplest Checklist" by JakiganicSystems and "ToodleTask" Harry Lascelles.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. possibility to link tasks to folders or files on the android

A lot of tasks involve handling files on my android-device. So it would be great if e.g. I could follow a link in the task which brings me directly to the folder which keeps the files that have to do with the task.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please make it possible to roll back to previous user interface. It was perfect and you downgraded it to the current, chaotic GUI.

The old user interface was absolutely perfect, in my opinion.
    This new one represents for me such a downgrade that I'm considering alternatives to this App.
    I'm developing SW myself, but I'm old-fashioned and my mantra is "if it ain't broken, don't fix it".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Able to set "out-of-bounds" hours for reminders

After setting the "out-of-bounds" timings, during task creation software either blocks the setting of reminders to go off during those hours, or gives a warning prompt that reminder had been set during out of bounds hours

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add option for new tasks in manual sort to be added to top instead of bottom of list

I imagine any time you are adding a new task it is higher priority than the last one on your list, currently you have to immediately move the new one up from the bottom, I request there is an option to add all new tasks to the top instead of the bottom.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base