I suggest you ...

Filter for tasks that do NOT containing a specific item

This would provide the ability to select a tag, folder, context, goal, or location and include all tasks that do not contain it.

212 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminTo-Do List Support (Product Owner, Ultimate To-Do List) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Art Myst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i use utlimate todo list payed version for a couple of years already and i find it no 1 tool in my android device. up to my knowledge it is easy to implement negative condition in filters and it would be very helpful and make it even more profesional tool. please implement it in the next revision.
    regards, AM

• Louis Screnci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

need this badly! I need to create a custom view that only shows tasks with no tag, but can't! It's creating redundancies that are killing me!

• Mozelius Natu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would be especially helpful so as to avoid redundancies in widget lists, for example one widget listing tasks due that are not repeating, and another listing the tasks due that are repeating

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

here is a feature that I use in toodledo that is not in ultimate todo list. I was wondering if you would add it.

Toodledo has the ability to exclude items with a specific tag when filtering.

As a result, when I open ultimate todo list I see dozens of tasks that are not in the same view on toodledo.

• Gerhard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this feature also. The idea is over two years old. When do you plan it?

• eklerni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am really looking forward to this feature.Title and Tag... toodledo can do.

• Naomi Peterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will the planned feature allow negative filtering on multiple fields or multiple elements? For example: tag is not financial and tag is not kids. Essentially, will this add an option for any filter to be negated in any combination, including combining negative and positive filters (i.e. is context x and is not status y)?

• Csaba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually I would summarize all the previous comments: for all the filterable fields it would be great to have this "isn't" feature.

• Per-Anders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to filter on Title as well. "Title contains/title does not contain.." etc.

• jesse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

toodledo allows you to select "null" tags, want same capability in UTL

• Jermu Virtanen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice to include status and priority as well even it is not so critical comparing to context, goal or tag

Feedback and Knowledge Base