Skip to content

New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports

Use this forum to request and vote for new features or bug fixes. For the best results, make sure to check if your feature/bug fix has already been requested before posting a new one. As you type your suggestion here, you will see suggestions which may match yours.

Here is what the statuses mean:

• Under Review: This has been accepted. The release date is unknown.
  • Planned: This has been planned for an upcoming release – either the next release or very soon after.
  • Started: This is being actively worked on by our staff and will appear in the next major release.
  • Completed: The item has been fully implemented and appears in the latest release.
  • Declined: The item was not accepted. Check the comments area for the reason.

39 results found

1. When adding task via voice, new task defaults are not used

When adding task via voice, it doesn't use the "new task defaults." My default folder is "2022" but it leaves the folder field blank. It took me awhile to figure out where the task was going since my default view in folder=2022.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please fix Folder drop-down menu when editing tasks.

The Tag drop-down list is displayed in alphabetical order, but not the Folder list. It appears that it is left in the order from loading Folder names when app is launched. Please sort it alphabetically once it is done loading. When you have many folders for various subjects, it makes it easier to find names when sorted..

By the way, I am so impressed with the framework and settings of this program, as well as the quality & reliability of how well it functions.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Glad to hear you like the app. Fortunately, your folder sorting issue is easy to fix. From your description, it sounds like you are syncing with Toodledo, which uses a custom folder sort order. That sort order syncs with our app. To order your folders alphabetically, sign into Toodledo from a web browser, then open the menu in the upper right corner, and choose the option to organize folders. You will see an option on the screen to sort them alphabetically.

3. Fix repeating task multiplying.

When I make a repeating task, it will show up multiple times.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you can provide some additional details, then we can accept this bug report and look for a solution. Do the tasks show up multiple times within Ultimate To-Do List, or on your device’s calendar (which would happen normally if you chose that option when creating the task)? Do the extra tasks follow the expected repeating pattern (one per day, week, etc.) or do they have the same dates? Do the extra tasks appear when the task is first created or after marking a task as complete? Do the extras appear for every repeating task, or only some? Do the extra occur immediately, or only after a sync?

4. It no longer saves when i add repeat to a task

When I add "repeat" to a task, the task won't save. This is a function I use all of the time, but it no longer works. It wont save with advanced repeat or even with any of the basic repeat options that are built in. I use it on a Samsung Galaxy S7.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re currently unable to reproduce the issue you’re describing, and we haven’t received any complaints from other customers about this. However, if you can provide some information, we’re happy to help determine the source of the problem. If this is a bug in the app, we’ll fix it right away.

When you try to save a task with a repeat option set, do you see any error message? If so what does it say?

If there’s no error message, does the task editor disappear normally when you press the save (check mark) button, or does the task editor remain on the screen, which no response at all from the app?

If the task editor disappears (indicating the task should be saved), are you able to find the task if you search for it by name?

5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When creating task at that time folder option need to sort by name A Z and also change folder or other place need folder option as AZ

When creating task at that time folder option need to sort by name A Z and also change folder or other place need folder option as AZ

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Your "autocorrect" feature is infuriating. Add a setting to disable it.

Your "autocorrect" feature is infuriating. Add a setting to disable it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you provide more details on what you mean by the “autocorrect” feature? If you’re referring to autocorrect as you type, this is managed by the Android keyboard, and switching to a different keyboard may resolve the issue.

If it’s not keyboard related, we can accept your request once we have some additional details.

8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bug: tasks updated or removed in web toodledo unchanged

When I sync Android ultimate todo list, items that were removed or modified on the web remain unchanged on ultimate todo list.

Reproduction steps:
    1.create task on web
    2.sync to ultimate
    3.remove task on web
    4. Sync ultimate

Actual behavior : the task is still there

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Rescheduling of repeat tasks sometimes doesn't work

This seems to be the same problem as "Bug: Advanced repeating tasks don't work".

I have the following settings for the task:
    Due Date: 2016-04-21
    Completed: 2016-06-21
    Repeat: The last Sun of each month
    Repeat From: Completion Date

When I marked it completed on 2016-06-21, it stayed as completed and did not reschedule.

Sometimes my repeat tasks reschedule and other times they are marked as done.

This is very frustrating as I always have to keep looking in my completed tasks for tasks that should have been rescheduled.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Given what you have described, i’m wondering if you are editing a task that was previously marked as complete and has already generated a new task based on the repeating pattern. In order to prevent accidental duplicates, the app has some code in place to prevent extra repeating tasks from being created if a task is marked as complete, then marked as incomplete, and then marked as complete again. Without these protections, marking a task as complete twice would produce 2 duplicate future tasks.

In certain unusual situations, this protection against duplicates could prevent a new task from being created when you want one to be. One thing you could try is to make sure to avoid turning a completed task into an incomplete one as much as possible. Instead, create a new task or use the clone command to make a copy of the completed one.

11. Sometimes changes are not saved because of "google tasks must have a folder"

Sometimes when I edit an existing task, I cannot save the changes and I see the following temporary message on the screen:
    "google tasks must have a folder"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a limitation imposed by Google that is outside of our control. Fortunately, it is easy to remove this error message. Just choose a folder when creating or editing a task. If the “folder” field is invisible, you can enable it in the settings area.

12. Location reminder not working?

I just tried testing the locations feature. I created a task, assigning it to my current location and configured it to remind me when there. Never got a word about it. It appears to be correctly and fully turned on in settings. What am I doing wrong?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Time Select bug

There's a bug were when I try to select a time, like 7:04, it switches to 7:10 or 7:05 instead. I am using this app on Samsung Galaxy S5 with latest software

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This behavior is by design. It speeds up time entry by making use of the fact that the vast majority of tasks will have start and due times that fall on a 5 minute interval.

We do have an open feature request to make the 5 minute increment optional. Feel free to add your vote here:

http://utl.uservoice.com/forums/149475-new-feature-suggestions-and-bug-reports/suggestions/2588415-allow-for-start-due-times-that-are-not-a-multiple

14. Bug: Advanced repeating tasks don't work

Advanced repeating tasks don't work. When I set a monthly or weekly repeating task, things run smoothly. However, if I set a task to repeat every 27 days or every 4 weeks, the task isn't repeated when checked off. It used to work fine with the old app version. What's wrong with the new version? d repeating tasks don't work. When I set a monthly or weekly repeating task, things run smoothly. However, if I set a task to repeat every 27 days or every 4 weeks, the task isn't repeated when checked off. It used to work fine with…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently unable to reproduce this problem in our office, and no one else has reported this. With repeating tasks, one thing to keep in mind is is that the next task will only appear after the current task has been marked as complete. Also, if you are checking for the task from Toodledo or Google, or from another device you are syncing with, you will need to allow some time for synchronization to occur.

You can also confirm that the new task has been generated by searching for it by name. Just press the search button in the app and type in part of the task’s name.

15. Provide an update version to the tablet version (v3)

I can update my phone version, but - at least in German play store - an update to the tablet version is not provided. Ultimate ToDo v3 is installed in a parallel version instead. This means I will have to reenter all my views and loose all my other settings. Is there a way to update UltimateTodo Tablet version to version 3?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Folders not sorted

If you a select a folder, the folder names are not sorted, only appear in the sequence folders were added.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It sounds like you are synchronizing with Toodledo. The app displays the folders in the same order that they appear in Toodledo. If you go to the folders area in Toodledo from a web browser and sort the folders alphabetically, they will also sort alphabetically in the app.

17. Ultimate Beta: "Goal" title is not appearing in task edit mode if goal is "none".

Ultimate Beta Bug : "Goal" title is not appearing in task edit mode if goal is "none". Title should always show so that one knows what each field is for and where one can add a Goal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Would it be possible for you to send us a screen shot that shows the problem? To generate one, press and hold the power button and the home button at the same time. This will save a file onto your device that should be visible in the Gallery app. You can send this as an email attachment.

18. all my reminders are haywire, some deactivated and some still firing

i have read the comments sections on the workarounds for the the reminders, i have done most of it if not all but none is working, when is the next release to address this bug? for example some reminder i sent dont work, some worked but when put into dismiss mode, but leaving the daily reminder activated, the reminder gets switched off entirely.

this is the most basic and fundamental requirement. i understand that the other functionalities are good but tis is a major inconvenience that need to be addressed, what is the use of all the features that a…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Incorrect contact assigned when linking on Blackberry Z10

Hi - Evaluating application (installed yesterday) and when adding 'contact' to task the selected name displays as expected UNTIL SAVE pressed and then a different name is assigned! Not good...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Contacts integration has not been working on Blackberry devices due to problems with the Blackberry Android emulator that are outside our control.

The good news is that we found a workaround that will appear in the next release. This will be available in Blackberry’s store in a few days.

20. parent tasks without due dates still showing in calendar when subtask has due date

If I make a parent task with no due date then add a subtask with a due date (my default is all tasks check show in calendar), the parent without a due date shows up in calendar

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If your default is to have all tasks show in the calendar, then the behavior you are experiencing is by design. Unless you uncheck the “show in calendar” box, all tasks (regardless of whether they are a parent or a subtask) will appear in the calendar.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base