Skip to content

New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports

Use this forum to request and vote for new features or bug fixes. For the best results, make sure to check if your feature/bug fix has already been requested before posting a new one. As you type your suggestion here, you will see suggestions which may match yours.

Here is what the statuses mean:

• Under Review: This has been accepted. The release date is unknown.
  • Planned: This has been planned for an upcoming release – either the next release or very soon after.
  • Started: This is being actively worked on by our staff and will appear in the next major release.
  • Completed: The item has been fully implemented and appears in the latest release.
  • Declined: The item was not accepted. Check the comments area for the reason.

39 results found

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Location reminder not working?

I just tried testing the locations feature. I created a task, assigning it to my current location and configured it to remind me when there. Never got a word about it. It appears to be correctly and fully turned on in settings. What am I doing wrong?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Time Select bug

There's a bug were when I try to select a time, like 7:04, it switches to 7:10 or 7:05 instead. I am using this app on Samsung Galaxy S5 with latest software

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This behavior is by design. It speeds up time entry by making use of the fact that the vast majority of tasks will have start and due times that fall on a 5 minute interval.

We do have an open feature request to make the 5 minute increment optional. Feel free to add your vote here:

http://utl.uservoice.com/forums/149475-new-feature-suggestions-and-bug-reports/suggestions/2588415-allow-for-start-due-times-that-are-not-a-multiple

4. Bug: Advanced repeating tasks don't work

Advanced repeating tasks don't work. When I set a monthly or weekly repeating task, things run smoothly. However, if I set a task to repeat every 27 days or every 4 weeks, the task isn't repeated when checked off. It used to work fine with the old app version. What's wrong with the new version? d repeating tasks don't work. When I set a monthly or weekly repeating task, things run smoothly. However, if I set a task to repeat every 27 days or every 4 weeks, the task isn't repeated when checked off. It used to work fine with…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently unable to reproduce this problem in our office, and no one else has reported this. With repeating tasks, one thing to keep in mind is is that the next task will only appear after the current task has been marked as complete. Also, if you are checking for the task from Toodledo or Google, or from another device you are syncing with, you will need to allow some time for synchronization to occur.

You can also confirm that the new task has been generated by searching for it by name. Just press the search button in the app and type in part of the task’s name.

5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide an update version to the tablet version (v3)

I can update my phone version, but - at least in German play store - an update to the tablet version is not provided. Ultimate ToDo v3 is installed in a parallel version instead. This means I will have to reenter all my views and loose all my other settings. Is there a way to update UltimateTodo Tablet version to version 3?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ultimate Beta: "Goal" title is not appearing in task edit mode if goal is "none".

Ultimate Beta Bug : "Goal" title is not appearing in task edit mode if goal is "none". Title should always show so that one knows what each field is for and where one can add a Goal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Would it be possible for you to send us a screen shot that shows the problem? To generate one, press and hold the power button and the home button at the same time. This will save a file onto your device that should be visible in the Gallery app. You can send this as an email attachment.

8. all my reminders are haywire, some deactivated and some still firing

i have read the comments sections on the workarounds for the the reminders, i have done most of it if not all but none is working, when is the next release to address this bug? for example some reminder i sent dont work, some worked but when put into dismiss mode, but leaving the daily reminder activated, the reminder gets switched off entirely.

this is the most basic and fundamental requirement. i understand that the other functionalities are good but tis is a major inconvenience that need to be addressed, what is the use of all the features that a…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Incorrect contact assigned when linking on Blackberry Z10

Hi - Evaluating application (installed yesterday) and when adding 'contact' to task the selected name displays as expected UNTIL SAVE pressed and then a different name is assigned! Not good...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Contacts integration has not been working on Blackberry devices due to problems with the Blackberry Android emulator that are outside our control.

The good news is that we found a workaround that will appear in the next release. This will be available in Blackberry’s store in a few days.

10. parent tasks without due dates still showing in calendar when subtask has due date

If I make a parent task with no due date then add a subtask with a due date (my default is all tasks check show in calendar), the parent without a due date shows up in calendar

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If your default is to have all tasks show in the calendar, then the behavior you are experiencing is by design. Unless you uncheck the “show in calendar” box, all tasks (regardless of whether they are a parent or a subtask) will appear in the calendar.

11. sync across devices is not working 100%. The amount if tasks is not the same between my 2 devices.

sync across devices is not working 100%. The amount if tasks is not the same between my 2 devices. Also if I star a task on one device this will not propagate to my other device.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When using multiple devices, it is important to understand that synchronization will take longer than it will with a single device. A new or edited task on your first device will first need to upload to your Toodledo or Google account, and then it will need to download to your second device. The whole process can take as long as 2 hours, depending on your sync setup. The star field will synchronize with both devices as long as the star field is enabled in the app’s settings.

Also, differences in the filter settings between your two devices will affect how many tasks display. You can check the filter settings from any task list by tapping on the filter button at the bottom of the screen.

Try the following test, and, if it fails, we can investigate further. If a problem is found with the app, we will accept this as…

12. Mark a recursive task as done flushs the alarm information on todlledo server.

Mark a recursive task as done flushs the alarm information on todlledo server,so other apps can not retrieve it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are not currently able to reproduce this issue in our office. Completed tasks are retaining their alarm information when viewed on Toodledo’s web site.

However, if you can provide a specific example of when the problem occurs, then we can investigate further. For a task that has the problem, please provide the due date/time, reminder date/time, and the repeating pattern. Also let us know whether the reminder was specified as a certain number of minutes or hours prior to the due date/time, or whether the reminder was specified as an exact date and time.

Additionally, let us know precisely what you are seeing (or not seeing), when viewing the task from Toodledo’s web site.

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This this covered by the following new feature request. Feel free to add your vote here:

http://utl.uservoice.com/forums/149475-new-feature-suggestions-and-bug-reports/suggestions/2588413-option-to-filter-on-tasks-that-repeat-or-do-not-re

When we implement a filter for repeating tasks, then completed repeating tasks could be omitted from the task list.

Another way to reduce the number of daily completed repeating tasks is by editing your settings. In the app’s settings area, there is an option to adjust how long repeating tasks are kept within the app. By setting this to a low value, the number of completed tasks is reduced. When changing this setting, allow a day for the old completed tasks to disappear, since the app only does this removal once per day.

14. Sync with google tasks does not work

I have entered my google id, pressed sync, but nothing happened -- taks don't sync in either direction. (I am already linked with my toodledo acct and have no problem syncing with it.) Using: Galaxy S3

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix the application such that it works on updated PlayBook OS 2.1.0.1032

As the title suggests - the app doesn't load on the new PlayBook OS. Very very frustrating as had a lot of info in the app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If a reboot does not fix the problem, try uninstalling, rebooting, and then reinstalling. Unfortunately, the Playbook has some bugs in its Android emulator that we are not able to work around. As long as you have been synchronizing with Toodledo or Google, you will not lose any tasks.

16. Enhance Screenshots: SHOW SUBTASKS! The reason people land here!

The search for apps that understand true subtasks is (I think) a significant reason as to why people come looking at Ultimate To-Do List.

Ya think you might show some in your screenshots?!?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug in Sync

Bug: "Context" and "Goals" don't sync. I'm not sure about "Location" as I haven't tried that yet.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are synchronizing both devices with a Google account, rather than a Toodledo account, some workarounds are needed due to Google’s lack of support for goals and contexts. UTL will send Goal and Context information to Google, but it is stored within the task’s note field in Google, and is not visible with browsing your tasks from Google. When a task is downloaded from Google containing context or goal information, the app checks to see if the goal or context name exists on the device. If it does, it is linked to the task. Otherwise, the goal or context is ignored.

Your best bet is to re-enter your goals and contexts on the tablet, making sure the names match exactly. The fields will then fill in properly during synchronization. Note that each task with a missing goal or context will need to go through a synchronization in order for…

18. Fix bug: back out of app

I can't back out of the app. It always takes me to the fields/functions used setting screen. I pretty well only use the starred task view, and I used to be able to enter the app to this view and back out to close the app when finished.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Missed reminders are almost always due to one of the reasons specified in this article:

http://utl.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/49967-reminders-and-alarms-are-not-working-why-

If you are certain that the missed reminder is not due to one of these reasons, then let us know how to reproduce this problem step by step and we will investigate. Make sure to include the due date, due time, and reminder date/time of the task in question.

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Feature Suggestions and Bug Reports

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base